Re: spatialite 4

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 11:16:06PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Hi Sébastien,
>
> Thanks for your feedback on the upgrade to SpatiaLite 4.
>
> On 04/03/2014 09:52 PM, Sébastien Kalt wrote:
> > I was wondering if there would be a way to include some documentation
> > or warning for spatialite 3 to 4 transition, for Debian users. And
> > maybe suggest upstream documentation to include also this warning in
> > the functions.
>
> The many changes in Spatialite 4.0 and 4.1 certainly deserve more attention.
>
> I've added an entry to the NEWS.Debian file referring to the upstream
> documentation for switching to 4.0 and 4.1. It will be reported by
> apt-listchanges on upgrade.
>
> The new package is available on mentors and waiting for sponsorship
> (#743578).

The null vs -1 vs 0 value for undefined SRID is a disputed issue.
For sure having no SRID has no sense for so many functions that
I should ask you what is the reason to do that, but for temporary
data injections. That said, Postgis too changed its enconding
into any <= 0 value instead of the previous null AFAIK. I think
Sandro made the same assumption for compatibility, and note
that OGC says nothing about that (i.e. it is implementation dependent).