OpenStreetMap Software

Hi!

I maintain several Open Source software projects related to OpenStreeMap and
use some more. As a long term Debian user I want to help get my software and
other OSM software into Debian. I am somewhat familiar with creating Debian
packages but never understood all the intricacies of producing proper packages
and getting those packages into the distribution.

Currently I am mostly concerned with these projects:

* Osmosis - This Java program is used often in OSM circles for many tasks. It
  used to be in Debian but has fallen out of testing for some reason.

* osmpbf (https://github.com/scrosby/OSM-binary) - I am co-maintainer of this
  project. This library is an important building block for lots of OSM
  software. The current Debian version is too old. I want to make sure the
  current version is always in Debian.

* osmium - This is a C++ library for working with OSM data. The old version
  is in Debian, but was always too old, as I have been working on it
  continuously and I have never released any "stable" releases. I have
  always told users to use the git master version instead of the Debian
  relase. For a while now I have been working on a rewrite
  (http://osmcode.org/), including some applications around it etc. which is
  not stable yet, but eventually I want to bring it into Debian and it is
  probably a good idea to start thinking about packaging now.

I'd appreciate it if anybody can give me any tips where to start and how to
help out with these or other projects.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298