Re: MapServer 6.2 / 6.4 installation on Debian 7

Hi Tobias,

On 11/05/2013 03:25 PM, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> Is there more information for Debian 7 users that like to install
> MapServer 6.2 or 6.4?
>
> A package available, or a plan for a package?

I also had the need for a newer MapServer on wheezy, mostly for a bugfix
from 6.2.1. That bugfix is included in the wheezy package since the last
stable update.

I'm running a backport of MapServer 6.2.1 and MapCache 1.0.0 on my
wheezy server. I don't plan on supporting this officially for Debian though.

Backporting MapServer 6.4.0 and MapCache 1.2.0 to wheezy is an option,
but the MapServer support for MapCache is currently not optimal. The
mapserver package is patched to export a CMake module which is included
in the MapCache build. But this relies on the module named being case
sentitive, since the unpatched MapCache already contains support for
linking to MapServer 6.2.1, the CMake module is only required for
MapServer 6.4.0.

If you don't need MapCache, or don't need its MapServer support and just
use WMS, you can simple rebuild the packages from testing on wheezy.
You'll need to change a few package names in the build dependencies and
disable the mapserver support, but that's about all that's required.

GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)