Re: Packaging mapserver 6.2.1

Hi Andreas,

On 06/03/2013 01:48 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:49:20AM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> I haven't done all builds in pbuilder because with its many
>> Build-Depends it takes about twice as long to setup the chroot than to
>> build the package.
>
> I admit sometimes it happens that setting up the chroot takes a serious
> amount of time.  However, it is worth doing it anyway and finally that's
> why we are using a multiprocessing OS, right?

Building in a clean environment with pbuilder is certainly worth the
additional build time.

>> My use of pbuilder actually triggered the changes to allow building the
>> package twice.
>
> So if you are doing at least *some* plus the final build in pbuilder it
> is fine to make sure the package is clean.  Now I wonder:  Are you
> willing to move to pkg-grass VCS to profit from my SoB offer to sponsor
> your package?

Yes, I'm willing to move my changes to the pkg-grass VCS. As also
mentioned in reply to Alan Boudreault on pkg-grass-devel@ [1], I'd like
to base my changes on those Alan made for Ubuntu. But so far I've not
heard back.

[1]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-grass-devel/2013-May/014472.html

I'm not in a hurry, I'd rather do it right than do it fast. I'll send a
direct mail to the mapserver uploaders to hopefully get a conversation
going that way since using the lists doesn't appear to work well.

If I don't hear anything in a week, I'll start merging my changes into
git.debian.org. Does that sound reasonable, or am I too impatient?

Regards,

GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)