Re: [DebianGIS] help with dpatch

Paul wrote:
> I brought the copyright and license issues up in this mail:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/02/msg00115.html

right, that's the one I was thinking about.

> > I just tried with "lintian package.deb", will try will
> > full command line opts from that thread

condensed results of:

ubuntu_lucid$ lintian --info --display-info --display-experimental \
   --pedantic --show-overrides --checksums --color auto \
   opencpn_2.1.624a-1_amd64.deb

I: opencpn: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 24309kB 89%
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain

I: opencpn: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: possible

P: opencpn: no-upstream-changelog
N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: wild-guess

I: opencpn: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/opencpn.desktop:4 Encoding
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain

W: opencpn: desktop-entry-contains-deprecated-key usr/share/applications/opencpn.desktop:15 TerminalOptions
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain

[last one fixed in patches/ once dpatch gets working]

full lintian log can be found in the upstream thread:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/opencpn-build-on-debian-35977-7.html#post525325

> > ..., and pull out the exact warning messages from the
> > shlibs dep tree scan.

`debuild binary` warnings:
(?)

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libX11.so.6 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libwx_gtk2u_html-2.8.so.0 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libglib-2.0.so.0 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libatk-1.0.so.0 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libXext.so.6 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libcairo.so.2 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpango-1.0.so.0 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libSM.so.6 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libICE.so.6 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libGL.so.1 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 could be avoided
   if "debian/opencpn/usr/bin/opencpn" were not uselessly linked
   against it (they use none of its symbols).

thanks,
Hamish