Re: [DebianGIS] JOSM package for Debian Testing (Lenny)

On Nov 07, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Niccolo Rigacci]
> > I just compiled the JOSM pakage on my Debian Testing (Lenny) box,
> > thanks to the Debian files provided by Andreas Putzo.
> >
> > Do you think that can be useful to publish it on debian.gfoss.it?
> > Is there any other JOSM repository for Debian Testing?
>
> What about uploading a josm package to unstable?

I'm very much for that. Last time i worked on the package was right
after the OSM api change so i thought it's better to wait some days
until the most obvious bugs are fixed. There's also a patch now that
removes all references to the sun classes from the metadata-extractor
dependency. I'd like to get this patch applied first so that josm can
go into debian/main.

> > - I also changed the debian/rules file, declaring
> >   JAVA_HOME := /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/
> >   I'm using the non-free java package from SUN.
>
> Does it build with the free java versions in unstable?

It builds fine with gcj but it only runs with gcj-4.1. I think this is
#445930 which, according to the bug report log, should be fixed in
classpath-0.96. Anyway, this shouldn't be a blocker since it works
with a free java version. Sun's java works as well of course.

Andreas