Re: [DebianGIS] Re: gdal

Jon,

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 09:18 -0800, Jon Saints wrote:
> Seems to me Its best for now to so ahead and put Steve's package with
> my one change on alioth CVS into unstable. This will break other
> packages qgis and mapserver.  But as of my tests last night neither
> package was installable any way so our interference will be minimal.
> At least in the long run we will have gdal 1.3.1 in unstable that we
> can use to build new mapserver and qgis packages.

We'll need to rebuild everything that depends on gdal I think. But I
still think it's worth uploading 1.3.1. I'm still not sure what the name
of the library package should be. Based on more reading of the library
packaging guide I don't think libgdal2 is good because the soname is
still libgdal.so.1 and the name is supposed to match the soname. How
about libgdal1.3.1-1? So the upload would be libgdal1.3.1-1-1. What
could be more clear?

Steve