Re: [DebianGIS] postgis debian packaging

hi,

postgis upstream generally support all supported postgresql upstream
versions (>= 7.2).

on the other hand, they also support their old 0.9, current 1.0, and
soon to come 1.1, which i had the honor to contribute a little to.

0.x databases are not directly upgradeable with dump-restore. but there
is support for even 8.1 servers.

as floris sluiter stated, our package will take over on postgis
installed from upstream sources on debian systems.

alex