Re: [Pkg-grass-general] debian mapserver package

Hi Jon,

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 02:19:57PM -0700, Jon Saints wrote:
> Quick question on the debian mapserver package.  I am
> interested in using WMS, WFS with python mapscript. As
> the package stands now, is this possible?
>
> My understanding is that mapserver-bin provides
> mapscript
> capability while mapserver-cgi provides template
> language, WFS, WMS, WCS are provided by cgi-mapserver.

If you really want to access the UMN MapServer via python mapscript
you won't need to install the cgi-mapserver package. Just install
python-mapscript and you can start to write your python programms.

> It seems that it is not possible to combine the two.
> Or am I missing somehting?

Which two packages do you mean? As far as I understand the situation
you can install every mapserver-package together with the others
there are no conflicts.

Ciao,

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/