Re: unhelpful error message from linker in g++ 3.3.4

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 07:26:40PM +0200, Edward Welbourne wrote:
> >Confidential:	no
> >Synopsis:	Linker error message is a triumph of misdirection
> >Severity:	non-critical
> >Priority:	low
> >Category:	c++
> >Class:		sw-bug
> >Release:	3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-6sarge1) (Debian testing/unstable)
> >Environment:

GCC has no control over the linker.  Complain to binutils, or provide a
patch which detects the situation and gives a better report.

--
Behind everything some further thing is found, forever; thus the tree behind
the bird, stone beneath soil, the sun behind Urth.  Behind our efforts, let