Re: Status of fonts-font-awesome

Hi Norbert,

Quoting Norbert Preining (2020-10-24 16:14:16)
> when working on packaging julia 1.5 and trying to get rid of privacy
> breaches, I realized that fonts-font-awesome is, well, how should I
> say, a bit outdated.
>
> The relevant bug is 899124 which was solved by reverting from v5 to
> v4, with the proposal to upload v5 to experimental and kick of a
> transition.
>
> But alas, that was in May 2018 ... are we seriously considering
> keeping awesome at v4 forever?

Indeed latest activity on that bugreport was in 2018.

If your interest is in changing that track record then please contribute
to the bugreport instead of sidetracking here.

...and on a related note, congrats with the Julia 1.5 release! :-)

Kind regards,

 - Jonas