Re: iptables rules : two in one

Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> franck a écrit :
>>
>> I have got some iptables rules suche as :
>>
>> Code:
>>
>>         iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -d pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
>> --dport 110 --sport $UNPRIVPORTS -m state --state
>> NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>>         iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -d pop.1and1.fr --dport 110
>> --sport $UNPRIVPORTS -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>>         iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -s pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk --sport
>> 110 --dport $UNPRIVPORTS -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>>         iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -s pop.1and1.fr --sport 110
>> --dport $UNPRIVPORTS -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>>
>> and I would like to put them on only two lines.
>
> Note that pop.1and1.fr resolves into two IP addresses, so the related
> iptables commands create two separate rules, one for each IP address.
>
>> Is that possible ?
>
> I cannot see any simple way. Maybe with "ipset".
> Why is it so important ?
It is not that important, I just wondered whether it was possible or
not. My file would have been easier to read, that is it. I will take a
look at ipset.

> Note : POP3 packets never match the RELATED state, so you can remove it.

Ok. Good to know.

Thanks.

--
Franck Joncourt
http://www.debian.org

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html