Re: Fair traffic shaping per IP (like with masked dummynet queues)

Hi Martin

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately, your links didn't show me a solution to
my problem. To illustrate what I'm after, consider two hosts on my network:
host A with 1 download and host B with 9 downloads. With a setup like yours,
host B would get 9/10 of the available bandwidth, but I want the rate to be
fifty-fifty.

This could be achieved by making tc filters like: (just guessing here)
	match ip src A flowid 1:2
	match ip src B flowid 1:3
and tc classes like these: (guessing as well)
	parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100kbps
	parent 1:1 classid 1:2 htb rate 100kbps
	parent 1:1 classid 1:3 htb rate 100kbps
which hopefully would give both hosts A and B an equal share of bandwidth.
This is fine for two hosts, but it doesn't scale.

So I'm still looking for another solution besides either creating lots of
filters and classes or going back to FreeBSD. (consider this a threat ;-))
Thinking of it, this would be a nice time to try out Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.

Cheers
Stephan