TCPDUMP Problem...

	Hello !

	I have a problem with the tcpdump software... Hope anyone can help...
	So here's my problem:

	I have a router with two network adapters: eth0 and eth1 with ip
forwarding enabled. The internet adapter is eth0, and the LAN adapter is
eth1.
	I want to use tcpdump to see what packets are going through eth0, so I
issue a "tcpdump -i eth0".
	All I can see is some arp who-has requests, and some DNS requests.
	If I try to ping a host from the router itself, nothing is shown, even if
I try a "ping -I eth0 <host>"
	Also nothing shows up if I ping a host from a PC behind the router.
	If I try to see what packets are going through eth1, I issue a "tcpdump
-i eth1 not port 22" (so I'm not flooded with ssh packets), and I can see
ALL the traffic that goes in and out of eth1 (of course, except the SSH
packets)
	Please tell me what do you need to see so you can help me with this ! I
would have attached the firewall script and the sysctl.conf file, but I'm
not sure that's the problem. I only fully drop ICMP echo requests in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore*
	Thank you in advance !

--
Alexandru Stefan-Voicu