Re: Firewall startup script

Thanks Christoph!

you have to know I a newb..
I know that in "/etc/initd/" there are lots of scripts....but I'm steel studing the language..

* Christoph Haas <email@christoph-haas.de> [060904, 19:14]:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 05:32:29PM +0200, Lorenzo Rossi wrote:
> > I need to load my firewall script at startup, but I do not know how to do
> > this...I do not know how to write a startup script with
> > "start|stop|restart" options....could you halp me giving an example you
> > are using...?
>
> /etc/init.d/... should contain enough examples.
>
> > Or do you have any suggestion?
>
> I personally prefer to start the firewall script from
> /etc/network/interfaces like this:
>
> iface eth9 inet static
> 	address ...
> 	netmask ...
> 	gateway ...
> 	pre-up /etc/network/firewall.sh

This advice seem to be very nice, I go to test it.

Just one more question... :) Does the "pre-up" keyword meens that the
Firewall is startup at the same time the interface is going up?
Looking at the prefix "pre" I should imagine that it start the firewall
script before the interface is up, but this seem to me a bit strange...

I should study...mutch more...