Re: ftp server behind a firewall

 --- Volker Tanger <volker.tanger@discon.de> escreveu:
> Greetings!
>
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:24:51 +0200 Harald Thoeny
> <harald.thoeny@swissonline.ch> wrote:
> >
> > all i have to do is to load to kernelmodules.
> > ip_conntrack_ftp  and ip_nat_ftp
> >
> > right now everything is working fine.
> >
> > but is it possible that the kernel unload those
> two modules if they
> > are unused for a longer time ? and how to load
> this to at boottime ?
>
> man modutils
> man modules.conf

But note that it makes the kernel bigger, and if not
done properly it can f#@% the system's performance.

>From my experience (not much, but i've working with it
for quite some time) and it doesn't affected the
security of my LAN having a kernel that looks almost
like a QNX micro-kernel!!!! My advice is to use
modules wherever you can, but only those modules that
are needed to put ur firewall up'n running(e.g. u
don't need sound modules or 32-bit color in ur
monitor,
but USB keyboard and mouse would be useful so u don't
need to stop your whole network only to change those
things.

H.I.H.U.