Re: how to ..

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Mart Klanberg wrote:

> (Can I/) how could I set up 2 interfaces to a host so that when receiving
> a connection the reply goes back the same way, not the default route.

oh, this seems a bit abiguous. The setup was like this:

<internet>--DSL--FW--<LAN>-SERVER--leased_line--<internet>

The LAN/server have private addresses. server had FW as default gw.
The problem was switching from leased line to DSL and receiving
connections on both lines while the DNS changes propagate. I ended up
hooking the old line directly to server, and setting up netfilter to do
firewalling + SNAT to the leased line IP so that the answers would go back
the right way. I was just wondering if there's a 'right' way to do this.

TIA again,

zaphod