IPtables Question II: `Hostile' Flags

Thanks to everyone for their input on my ICMP questions.  BTW, I finally
got around to reading "Linux Firewalls 2nd Edition"; it says that I should
allow 3, 4, 11 and 12... pretty much what I had read online.

Now I'm working on my `hostile flags' sections.  This is what I have:

 $IPT -N FLAGS
 $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -i $EXT --tcp-flags ALL FIN,URG,PSH         -j FLAGS
 $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -i $EXT --tcp-flags ALL ALL                 -j FLAGS
 $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -i $EXT --tcp-flags ALL SYN,RST,ACK,FIN,URG -j FLAGS
 $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -i $EXT --tcp-flags ALL NONE                -j FLAGS
 $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -i $EXT --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN,RST         -j FLAGS
 $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -i $EXT --tcp-flags SYN,FIN SYN,FIN         -j FLAGS
 $IPT -A FLAGS -j LOG --log-level info --log-prefix "**BAD FLAGS** "
 $IPT -A FLAGS -j DROP

My question is, are these the right ones to detect intentional TCP flag
manipulation?  And what exactly could the potential hacker accomplish by
using any of these?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Bonner
Royal Oak, MI USA