ipmasq

Hello,
I'm actually a bit of a newbie at debian firewalling so I hope I posted
this to the right mailing list.
My problem: I run a firewall/gateway system on a cable connection to the
net with a dynamic ip. Everytime my isp disconnects me I get a new ip
and ipmasq has to be run again. I have 00ipmasq in my /etc/ppp/ip-up.d
folder (along with some other stuff) but it's not run when the machine
reconnects (I have to manually enter the command), what did I do wrong?
the 00ipmasq file contains the following lines:

#!/bin/bash
test -x /usr/sbin/ipmasq || exit 0

if [ -e /etc/ipmasq/ppp ]; then
    /usr/sbin/ipmasq