ip_masq_ftp.o and passive ftp

Could anyone tell me why the module contains code for passive ftp? Active
ftp won't work without rewriting the port command, but why is the passive
port command rewritten as well? The connection is possible without the
rewriting.

Or is this used for running an ftp server INSIDE the firewall?

I don't like the idea of loading a module that allows the people inside to
use active ftp. If I do need the module I have to block the backward
connection in my rule system.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!