FIREWALL STRATEGY (What do you think?)

Hello!

I use Linux at home, I use Linux at works, I love Linux.

I see now that there are two diferent strategies to build a firewall for home
and works, when I have no services to provide to internet, and I just want
to protect my systems/lans...

1 TO BE NOT SEEN
Deny any tcp connection from outside (SYN packets, "-y" option of ipfwadm)
Deny any ICMP
Accept only access to ports 1024-5999 and 6010-65535 by tcp and udp

2 TO SIMULATE A WINDOWS PC
Accept any ICMP
Reject any tcp connection from outside
Accept only access to ports 1024-5999 and 6010-65535 by tcp and udp
Reject any other thing

ABOUT TO BE NOT SEEN:
I have to accept ICMP type 3 packets "destination unreachable", they are
used to MTA size negotiation, so I will not be completely not seen...

Both works, what is the better?
- What do you think?

Best regards,
--