Re: Texas Linux Fest

[ Don Armstrong ]
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010, Matt Kraai wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 04:08:33PM -0500, Eric Evans wrote:
> > > I was wondering if someone(s) who has could share their experience
> > > here. Things like the type of materials and where/how to obtain
> > > them, (signage, swag, etc?), number of people needed to man one,
> > > demos, or other wisdom.
> >
> > You may want to ask Don Armstrong, who has coordinated the Debian
> > booth at SCALE for the past few years.  He has a banner that we
> > usually hang up, and we've sold t-shirts, handed out flyers, and
> > talked with visitors.
>
> I can send the banner (one large one, and two smaller ones) via
> priority mail, as long as there's a promise to send it back after.

I'll let you know pretty soon if I decide to take you up on this. I'm
still mulling over whether or not this is too last minute.

> While I still have some T-shirts, I don't think it's worth to send
> them anywhere (it's basically only XLs with the "and you thought space
> was big" text on them).

How are things like tshirts and lanyards typically handled? Does someone
purchase them and recoup the costs (or not) from sales/donations? Are
there (Debian-friendly )vendors that people use?

What about the flyers? Is there existing artwork for those somewhere, or
a vendor where they can be ordered from?

Thanks,

--
Eric Evans
eevans@sym-link.com