Re: Debian & LinuxWorld? - How's it coming along? Help? Wiki?

As we've now been told that we'll actually have a booth at LWCESF,
I'll go ahead and get stuff rolling here.

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2006, Hereon wrote:
> > Is someone going to set up a wiki or something to help
> > coordinate/organize the Debian presence there?
>
> It'll probably be on wiki.debconf.org once things get closer; I
> haven't started anything since there's nothing to report yet.

http://wiki.debian.org/LWCESF

is the wiki page where this all will be coordinated. If you can
volunteer to staff the booth, please fill in your name and the
date/times which you can volunteer. Just put your first name in your
table, and your full name+e-mail (obfuscated if you want it
obfuscated) in the bit imediately below.

> > Does anyone (Hans? Don?) need or would like some help?
>
> I think we'll need help soon, but I don't want to start asking for
> too much help until I know exactly what is going on there, and what
> we need. [But start thinking of things to show off Debian in the
> booth is a good idea, assuming we actually get Debian there. I'm
> going to try to get some sponsors for pressed DVDs to boot
> i386/ppc/amd64 sarge/testing if I get the chance.[1]]

I'm still very much interested in doing this. Does anyone know of any
company who uses Debian or otherwise who would be interested in
sponsoring this? I figure 5 sponsors of ~ $1K a piece for logo space
on the DVD is reasonable; we'll give them away if we get sponsors, so
the sponsor's name will be spread about. [If we don't get sponsors,
I'll try to dig up some CDs from vendors.]

Don Armstrong

--
Where I sleep at night, is this important compared to what I read
during the day? What do you think defines me? Where I slept or what I