Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

Am 22.03.2009 um 12:01 schrieb Axel Beckert:

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 02:50:57PM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
So, what am I talking about? Well, it's just that I don't think, that we
did a very good job. Look for example at [1], where someone mistook the
booth of the sidux project for our own. [...[

1: http://gallery.kickino.org/chemnitzer_linux_tage/chemnitzer_linux_tage_2009/img_0397.jpg.html

Just talked with Sebastian (kickino) on IRC after I read this
paragraph.

He seemed not having mistaken the Sidux booth for the Debian booth at
the fair. He just saw the "Debian logo" when writing the captions for
his pictures in the gallery:

10:44:42 <kickino> Ich wusste es nicht besser :(
10:45:19 <kickino> Hab' beim Durchschauen der Bilder hab' ich halt nur
  das Debian-Logo gesehen und deshalb die
  Beschriftung so gewählt.

Imagine this on a comercial linux-fair. one would never mistaken the novell booth for the redhat-booth.
as the lesson: there always must be a prominent logo and a sign stating what exactly that logo means (for anyone new).
thats not hard to do and should always be possible. (talking of the mentioned logistics problem)

bye,

Michael.