Re: [NEW USER] Installeing cross compiler [HOST: x86_64, TARGET: ia64]

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:00:12 +0200
José Luis García Pallero <jgpallero@gmail.com> wrote:

> My machine is an x86-64 running debian sid and I need to generate
> binaries for an ia64 computer, due to the lack of moder compiler (I
> need OpenMP) on it.

Use the toolchains for Debian Squeeze and follow the wiki.

You need g++-4.4-ia64-linux-gnu

http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain#Get_the_binaries

"Currently, toolchains for Squeeze are preferred. If using Wheezy or
unstable, add a Squeeze source for your own architecture using your
normal Debian mirror for dependencies which are no longer in wheezy or
unstable."