pdebuild-cross + xapt not functionnal anymore

Hi,

[ Please CC me on answer as I'm not subscribed to the list ]

Until recently, I used to cross-build on my amd64 box a few packages for
my OpenMoko Freerunner phone (armel).

But all my last attempts in June were unsuccessful.

You'll find below my pdebuild-cross.rc and the multistrap configuration
files.

If I set "arch=" (as it used to be) in the multistrap conf file, the
sources.list in the chroot are forced to amd64 and xapt don't know about
armel:
 deb [arch=amd64] http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian unstable main
 deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian unstable main
 deb [arch=amd64] http://www.emdebian.org/debian squeeze main
 deb-src http://www.emdebian.org/debian squeeze main

Then I tried "arch=armel" but then pdebuild-cross-create fail with:
 W: Failed to fetch
http://www.emdebian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/InRelease  Unable to find
expected entry 'main/binary-armel/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
sources.list entry or malformed file)
 E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
apt update failed. Exit value: 100

Is there any recent change or workaround one ought to know relating to
such a use case?

Many thanks in advance,

_g.

# pdebuild-cross.rc
# -----------------------------------------------
CROSSARCH=armel
DEBBUILDOPTS="-aarmel"
MULTISTRAPFILE=/etc/multistrap/armel-sid.conf
BASETGZ=/var/lib/pdebuild-cross/pdebuild-cross.tgz
#BASETGZ=/home/pdebuild-cross.tgz
BUILDPLACE=/var/lib/pdebuild-cross/build/
BUILDRESULT=..
APTCACHE=/var/lib/pdebuild-cross/aptcache/
APTCACHEHARDLINK=no
PBUILDERSATISFYDEPENDSCMD=/usr/sbin/embuilddeps
PBUILDERSATISFYDEPENDSOPT="-m -a armel"
USEDEVPTS=yes
AUTO_DEBSIGN=no
# End -------------------------------------------

# Multistrap configuration file
# -----------------------------------------------
[General]
#arch=
arch=armel
directory=
# same as --tidy-up option if set to true
cleanup=true
# same as --no-auth option if set to true
# keyring packages listed in each debootstrap will
# still be installed.
noauth=false
# whether to add the /suite to be explicit about where apt
# needs to look for packages. Default is false.
explicitsuite=true
# extract all downloaded archives (default is true)
unpack=true

omitrequired=false
configscript=
setupscript=/usr/share/multistrap/setcrossarch.sh
debootstrap=Debian Toolchains Debian.old
aptsources=Debian Toolchains
tarballname=pdebuild-cross.tgz

[Toolchains]
packages=g++-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi linux-libc-dev-armel-cross
reinstall=binutils-multiarch
source=http://www.emdebian.org/debian
keyring=emdebian-archive-keyring
suite=squeeze

[Debian]
packages=dpkg-dev binutils-multiarch build-essential dpkg-cross makedev
source=http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian
keyring=debian-archive-keyring
suite=unstable
omitdebsrc=false