Emdebian Grip unstable replaced by unstable-grip

HEADS UP! IMPORTANT changes for Emdebian Grip unstable/sid!

Turns out that apt won't accept changing the actual distribution via
symlinks. (At least not when also combining multiple components into a
single component.) It works between codename & suite but not when
changing both codename & suite. i.e. we've gone from sid&unstable to
sid-grip&unstable-grip.

W: Conflicting distribution: http://www.emdebian.org sid InRelease
(expected sid but got sid-grip)

:-(

Neither will apt accept symlinks for components back to main:

W: Failed to fetch
http://www.emdebian.org/grip/dists/sid-grip/InRelease   Unable to find
expected entry 'dev/source/Sources' in Release file (Wrong sources.list
entry or malformed file)

So, the integration into Debian is a one way process. Sorry. Did try
etc. I can't maintain two versions of unstable and leaving the old
unstable to completely rot whilst unstable-grip moves ahead is just as
bad. (Indeed, that is the worst of all worlds because then some using
unstable would not notice the problem.) At least this way, (as of now),
everyone using Emdebian Grip unstable will certainly know that there is
a problem. I did raise a warning about such things and I was hoping to
avoid this kind of interruption but here it is.

I haven't touched wheezy, so wheezy and wheezy-grip exist in parallel
with wheezy retaining the old components and wheezy-grip having
everything in main, just like sid-grip.

However, again, wheezy will not be updated (indeed it is likely to
become ReadOnly v.soon) and only wheezy-grip will be a target for
uploads from the new mechanism with wheezy-proposed-updates-grip
coming into effect once Wheezy enters freeze next year.

Recommendations on what to do with wheezy are welcome... wheezy itself
isn't in a particularly good state due to missing packages and those
will only get added to wheezy-grip, so maybe it is best to blow away
wheezy too. However, I'll wait for responses before I do that.

Changes to apt sources (going on the website soon):

deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip unstable main dev debug java doc

becomes:

deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip unstable-grip main

It is called unstable for a reason but I was hoping to avoid this...

To get ahead of the game on wheezy, similar changes will work:

deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip testing main dev debug java doc

becomes:

deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip testing-grip main

If you are using sid rather than unstable, use sid-grip.
If you are using wheezy rather than testing, use wheezy-grip.

Squeeze, squeeze-proposed-updates, lenny and lenny-proposed-updates are
NOT AFFECTED in any way. These changes always start with unstable and
this is why. There is currently no need to change either stable or
oldstable for the Debian Integration to proceed. It would be just an
extra step when upgrading from squeeze to wheezy to remove the extra
components when editing the apt sources lists.

All the same packages, at the same versions, exist in the new suites
but only the *-grip ones will get updates as the Debian integration
scripts take over the work.

The ftp.uk.debian.org/emdebian/grip mirror will update to the same
status as www.emdebian.org overnight.