Thanks for all the fish and gdb-cross

First of all,
greetings to all emdebian developers, you produced a very neat enviroment and
tools which I'm enjoying to use.

Really thanks.

I'm pretty new to the embedded world but I think I will stay in this area for
a while since my new job is about developing on some boards (mainly mipsel,
but rarely a legacy powerpc one) used to build Set Top Boxes (in fact set
_back_ boxes, since they will be mounted on the back) for hotels.

I want to ask for a feature about some packages: could we have for supported
host archs some gdb-cross packages for already built target toolchains?

As I wrote on the debian wiki here [0], it should be as easy as:

 $ apt-get source gdb
 $ cd gdb-<TAB>
 $ export GDB_TARGET=<arch>
 $ fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b

Also a cross-ldd could be nice to have prebuilt, but I have not investigated
how to do it yet.

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain

--
ESC:wq