Re: Blockers for the emdebian rootfs

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:26:58 +0200
Bernhard Fischer <rep.dot.nop@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 07:49:11PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> >Main fixes:
> >busybox - the '/bin/busybox --install' command is buggy and puts the
> >hardlinks in the wrong place. Patches in SVN add an upstream install
> >script to the busybox package which 'emsandbox' should be able to use.
>
> I'm curious how it is buggy?

#326243

> The installer works fine for me. A sequence
> for me to reproduce this with busybox-1.7.2 would be very welcome.

Try installing busybox the links anywhere EXCEPT /

When testing the rootfs, we need to create a chroot but the chroot
cannot be executed until busybox is installed so the busybox links need
to be created from outside the chroot - i.e. in a subdirectory. The
only way to do this with the Debian package is:
$ sudo tar -xzpf emdebian-arm.tgz
$ sudo ln bin/busybox bin/sh
$ sudo chroot . /bin/sh
# exit

With the Emdebian changes, I'm preparing to use the applets/install.sh
script that comes with busybox but which is not enabled in Debian.