Re: Cross compiler IA64 -> x86_64 etc?

On 2007-08-16 07:24 -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> Is there any way that the embeddd tool chain can be used to produce
> compilers than run on IA64 that then generate code for x86_64 etc?

It is easy to add both 'from' and 'to' architectures to the list of
the compilers emdebian builds. We don't currently make from IA64, but
it's not hard to do so.
http://buildd.emdebian.org/repos/current/emdebian/trunk/buildcross/trunk/buildcross

You could also try just running emchain (from emdebian-tools) on an
IA64 box with amd64 target arch. That is also quite likely to build
you the right toolchain, although there have been a load of issues
with build gcc4.2 so I'm not quite sure whether it will 'just work' or
not.

Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/