Re: Package dependencies in cross gcc

Hello

I still can't get what exactly you are doing.

I tried the following:

- Executed 'apt-get install g++-3.3-arm-linux'
- Downloaded following files:
  libboost-dev_1.32.0-6_arm.deb
  libboost-thread1.32.0_1.32.0-6_arm.deb
  libboost-thread-dev_1.32.0-6_arm.deb
- Executed 'dpkg-cross -aarm -b *.deb'
- Executed 'dpkg -i *arm-cross*'

Now if I write the line
#include <boost/config/requires_threads.hpp>
into test.cpp, running 'arm-linux-g++ -c test.cpp' gives me

In file included from test.cpp:1:
/usr/arm-linux/include/boost/config/requires_threads.hpp:47:5: #error
"Compiler threading support is not turned on. Please set the correct
command line options for threading: -pthread (Linux), -pthreads (Solaris)
or -mthreads (Mingw32)"

and running 'arm-linux-g++ -D_REENTRANT -c test.cpp' completes without any
errors.

I guess situation with armeb should be the same - as soon as you either
build cross-gcc package for this target (this also builds -arch-cross
version of libstdc++, see README.cross in gcc debian source package), or
install these from somewhere (as I did in the above example).
If this does not work for you, please post *exact* and *detailed* sequence
of steps you are performing, and the results you see. Without exact and
detailed information, I can't help.

Nikita