Re: Reduce the server load by asking firefox to not cache on disk

On 15 May 2013 21:55, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> My friend Alf Tonny Bätz in Narvik told me that he changed the Firefox
> setup to disable disk caching, to reduce the network traffic on the
> diskless workstations and reduce the load on the server.
>
> This is the change he did in
> /usr/lib/firefox/default/preferences/firefox.js:
>
> // Prevent disk loading, cace to mem
> pref("browser.cache.disk.enable", false);
> pref("browser.cache.offline.enable", false);
> pref("browser.cache.memory.enable", true);
> pref("browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size", -1);

I agree. I have been using the following on plain debian workstations
integrated into the SL network.

However, I thought they were already implemented on real skolelinux
installs. At least they were on Lenny, I think..

http://bootpolish.net/home_ltsp_ltspiceweaselhacks

nigel