Re: diskless workstations / setup

On 31 March 2011 03:32, RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> nice to hear from you in Japan, so I guess you are alright...

everything normal here. We don't even have power cuts - no national
grid in Japan, can you believe?

> Well, what kind of workstation do you use, or what services apart from
> auth-thru-LDAP and web-proxy? Especially, I wonder if NFS mounts and
> samba shares are available on this net?

Ordinary workstation install of skolelinux. NFS works of course - you
can log in and work as normal. No network printers show up, but I
don't mind as I try to limit the amount of printing anyway. No idea
about samba, because I don't have any servers other than tjener.

cheers

nigel