Re: group still exists after deleting user

 Søndag 28. februar 2010 08.51.24 skrev Nigel Barker :
>  I deleted a user from lwat.
> On recreating the user, I can have the same username again, but get
> this error in lwat.
>
> ldap_err: 68
> err_msg: Already exists
>
> Failed to add personal group for nigelb
>

> then the recreated user has a blank for the group id field
>
> Should I report this as a bug?
>
> nigel

This is not a bug, it's a "feature" that prevents you from accidentally
creating a different user with the same username, which would otherwise
be a small disaster if, say the username also is the users email-
address.

If you really want to remove this group, and reuse the username, you
could just create a file called "remove_nigel" with these two lines:
dn: cn=nigelb,ou=Group,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
changetype: delete

And feed it to ldapmodify:

cat remove_nigel | ldapmodify -x -ZZ -W -D
cn=admin,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no

That should work.
--
Klaus Ade
klaus@bzz.no