Re: Please translate press statement

Hi,

On Montag, 8. Februar 2010, Knut Yrvin wrote:
> Great. I'll send it late this evening then. Around 24 CET, when I'm back
> from a meeting.

I'd appreciate if you could reply to the points I've send you via personal
mail. I think the press release in the current form should ABSOLUTLY NOT be
sent out like this. I'd explained why in those mails as well as on IRC but I
feel I get ignored. At least there was not a single reply to my criticism of
some of the context.

If you do (bad) PR without consulting the developer body, its very likely some
developers will (at least) tell you in public (like I just did, albeit only
with the small word "bad") and you might turn this into a PR desaster.

Also, by asking people to translated a bad PR, you make them waste their work,
and thus you also risk demotivating them. (I've heard that in private today.)

I'd rather send a small announcement out first and then do a proper press
release later (tomorrow? wednesday?), then sending out a bad press release on
an arbituray choosen date. To release today was choosen arbituary.

regards,
	Holger, somewhat sad having to point this out, instead being able to work on
	improving the PR. But if all I get is the above quoted "feedback"...