Re: Complete automate installation of an SkoleLinux network

Hi Martin,

On Freitag, 5. Februar 2010, Martin Schulte wrote:
> Hi,
> after trying out some things and encountered several error-messages, i
> find a way, to install a SkoleLinux network with double boot computers
> (Windows / Linux) automatically. And another way to install the Debian
> clients also automatically but faster. But i have some further question,
> hopefully someone can help me. First a short overview about the install
> process. If there is any interest, i will write an article for the wiki.

please do.

> I had some attempts to run scripts to install software and update the
> clients remotely using rsh ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Shell
> ), but at least it is not secure for network use, because it sends
> unencrypted information over the network. Does someone knows a better
> way to run scripts remotely (of course cfengine, but it seems to get a
> big project, in the face of 400 sites of manual!)

use ssh, not rsh.

(!)

> Has someone experience using opsi.org and m23 ( m23.sourceforge.net ),
> and can tell me, how to configure them using tjener (lenny).

I recommend to take a look at the fai-client package in Debian. the fai
documemtation  talks a lot about a client-server setup and that you should
install the machines with fai, but you absolutly don't have. IMO it's way
easier to start with a manual/preseeded install and then use fai-client to
customize the install.

cheers,
	Holger