nonfree-flashplugin in debian-edu etch

Hi,

the Debian 4.0r3 point release will feature the removal of the
nonfree-flashplugin package from etch, because it cannot be maintained
properly in a stable Debian release. It will be available from backports.org
(bpo) and our manual has excellent instructions how to use backports.org.

I seem to recall the paragraph about installaing nonfreee-flashplugin needs an
update now and will then need another update - but thats relativly minor.

I wonder if we should upload the very same package from bpo to our archive. To
etch-test and then eventually move it to our etch. And if so, should we use a
lower version number as in bpo (by adding ~edu.etch+1) or just upload from
exactly the same source? It is the same after all.

I wouldnt bother with lenny, we should rather test gnash and libswf-dec in
lenny and report problems upstream.

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: when the package is removed from Debian, it stays on the users system,
so no (feature) functionality is lost. What will be lost, are automatic
security updates.