Re: diskless workstations

Hi Petter
here is the sources.list from /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt

how do I use the etch test repo?

How do I test the japanese profile? I'm not sure what that means. Do you mean choosing japanese as install language for tjener, or setting up a user to be able to type japanese?

sorry I'm not very helpful.

nigel

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Nigel Barker]
I'm trying to test diskless workstations by following the Howto on the
wiki. I have got to the part about changing the repositories. I have
changed /etc/apt/sources.list and /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list as
indicated. I have run apt-get update both inside and outside the chroot,
yet still I get this errot when I try to run /usr/sbin/ltsp-make-client:

Great to hear that you are testing the script!  Note that you want to
run the latest one to get a few bugs fixed, so I suggest modifying
/etc/apt/sources.list to use the etch-test repository, and upgrade to
the latest debian-edu-config.

error: Unable to use CD/DVD as source for converting the ltsp chroot
error: to a diskless workstation.
error: The reason is that the CD/DVD is not a signed APT repository.
error: Edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list to fix this.

I can't see where I've gone wrong. The CD is commented out in both
sources.list

I am using RC4 DVD install.

Can you provide the content of /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list?
It would be easier to help if we could see what it look like.

Btw, I noticed your .jp address.  It would be great if you could
install the japanese profile, and verify that all packages needed for
japanese input etc is installed and working out of the box.

Happy hacking,

#deb file:///cdrom etch main local
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
### Use (by uncommenting) either http or ftp, NOT both
### http based apt source: ----------------
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/ etch local
### ftp based apt source: -----------------
#deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
#deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/ etch local
#
### Volatile Sources, read http://volatile.debian.net/ for details
#deb http://volatile.debian.net/debian-volatile etch/volatile main contrib non-free