Re: new category for menu specs of freedesktop

Hi all,

we can begin with one and then open a more general discussion about this.

One of mEDUXa's disscussions about this was that categories are based on areas
of knowledge but for edu distros there is a higher level division.

1.- Desktop for kids (elementary or primary schools)
2.-  Desktops for secondary schools or high schools
3.- Colleges distros (colleges desktops)
4.- Professional education desktops
5.- Desktops for special education

each desktop has associated apps organised in categories on the menu. These
profiles sometimes live on the same machine, since it runs one or another one
depending on the group associated to the user.

So the Education category can have a sublevel (other categories) for all or
some of these options. For example:

Klettres can be Education;ElementaryEducation;Languages
kverbos can be Education;HighSchoolEducation;Languages

these categorysation is more accurate to the configurations we have to make
associated with profiles intead of divide apps onlyby areas of knowledge

Bye

--
Agustín Benito Bethencourt
Director de Ejercicios Resueltos SLU (Grupo CPD)