New Debian-Edu/Skolelinux test DVD image 4 (test04)

The Debian-Edu/Skolelinux project is pleased to announce that the next
test release of "Debian-Edu/Skolelinux 3.0, codename 'terra'" is ready.
This is the fourth test release based on Debian/Etch. It is available
to download using FTP, HTTP and rsync.

This will be the last test-release of debian-edu etch. After that we will release RC1, RC2 and RC3 with shorter delays in between and then we will release. So please file bugs at http://bugs.skolelinux.org/ NOW, if you see problems. Even if you dont have available hardware to test on, you can still help with testing in qemu. The url http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/TestCDinstall will help you get started.

We plan to release RC1 on May 19th, RC2 on May 26th, RC3 on June 2nd and Debian-Edu etch on June 9th. We might cut RC2 and RC3, as we want to release
at the end of May.

Highlights

* Fix handling of USB and other hotplug devices.
* Framework for selecting languages during installation is now working again.
* LTSP default keyboard layout now uses the one selected during installation.
* LTSP network swap is enabled by default.
* CPU frequency scaling is enabled on all machines supporting it.  Will increase battery lifetime and reduce power bill.
* slbackup-php is available on the DVD, install it with aptitude -y install slbackup-php. And test it with http://tjener.intern/slbackup-php
* all the other highlights from the previous test-releases

The ISO image is 4.4 GiB large.  To download it, use either of these methods:

ftp://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_etch-i386-test04.iso http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_etch-i386-test04.iso
rsync ftp.skolelinux.org::skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_etch-i386-test04.iso

--
Ronny Aasen