Re: should we ship iceweasel (firefox) on the first cd?

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Patrick Winnertz]
I think we should give it a try, to have a look what is removed from the
cd. if it is to much I'll remove iceweasel again.

Sounds good.  firefox used to be on the first CD, and thus iceweasel
should take its place.

I'm not sure if iceweasel is that much better than konqueror that we
should spend CD space on it, and KDE need konqueror to work properly.
What do the rest of you think.  Is konqueror in etch enough for most
users?

From a marketing perspective it would be a complete disaster to remove
iceweasel (Firefox) or OpenOffice.org which has also been suggested.
Firefox and OpenOffice.org are by far the two best brand names ever
produced by the open source community, and we really need that extra
help.  I would much rather have two CDs.

Whether Firefox is "better" than konqueror or not is not really that
interesting.  The effort of explaining that iceweasel and Firefox is
actually the same thing is already more than enough, but I suppose
there is no way we can keep the Firefox name in Skolelinux.  Or is it?

Halvor