Re: Asterisk talk at the Debian-Edu workshop in Nafplion?

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:58:42PM +0100, Andre Roth wrote:

> Hello Skolelinux Developers,
>
> Kurt Gramlich asked me if I would do a speech about the
> integration of asterisk (opensource PBX) into skolelinux.  This
> would allow the teachers and/or students to have a VoIP account
> on the tjener, and do VoIP calls, leave VoiceMail messages,
> etc..  A similar subject would be instant messaging, jabber
> server integration.

i talked to Kurt on the phone about that and he points out that
the application for this would language classes, perhaps between
debian-edu schools abroad.

> This mail is supposed to be a poll, so please reply with NO or
> YES or special interests / suggestions.  Thank you :)

i guess a talk is a bit high pitch here, an informal presentation
about how it works and how it can be integrated etc would be more
interesting to the developers. Usually those presentations happen
between a blackboard and your notebook/box where you could
draw nice pics and demonstrate at the same time.

i think the debian-edu project would profit from the possibility
to have meetings via *voice* instead of irc, on a regular
(monthly?) basis, so this would be interesting for us to
investigate for this purpose as well.