Subject: [kde-edu]: Sugg: Framework for Science Meters
Date: Dienstag 06 Dezember 2005 14:09
From: RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de>
To: kde-edu@kde.org

Dear list,

during "Linuxtage Essen" (Essen Linuxdays), some scientists addressed
the lack of free interfaces to scientific gear such as thermometers,
gyrometers, geigercounters, whatsoever.

As a matter of fact, there are already loads of measuring tools - but
 it lacks integration and usabilities if we want to use them in school.

This made me think: How about a framing project / application similar
 to ksensors? Existing implementations could dock into such framework.
 The framework itself could provide features like
- data recording
- data plotting
- statistical evaluations.

Also popping into my mind is ksimus datarecorder as one possible
frontend. As it comes to realtime data, acoustic recorders could be
another approach.

What is your comments on this? Should we forward this idea to
 kde-devel?

Cheers & merry nick day ;)

Regards
Ralf