Re: Req: dpkg --get-selections (LTSP/Sarge)

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 08:29:49PM +0200, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to upgrade a pure LTSP (skolelinux woody pr-47) to sarge.
>
> These are my planned steps:
>
> Plan A
> 1. Backup all partitions (done.)
> 2. Try to upgrade with aptitude (after updating sources.list)
>
> Here I prepare to need several steps. In the end, a dpkg
> --set-selections could be very usefull - alas I don't have any at
> hands. Okay, I could install one in qemu - right you are - but if
> anyone of you has one (without ldap) I would appreciate it.

I don't understand your request.

My plan A would be

  1. backup
  2. update /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. `apt-get update`
  4. `apt-get distupgrade`
  5. c'est tout

And for "dpkg --set-selections" you can do "dpkg --get-selections"
yourself ( no need for having another system available )

HTH
Geert Stappers