Re: newest ISO-Images - where?

On 06-05-2005 16:22, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

>> Stable as in "doesn't seem to have any problems except what is also
>> known for earlier releases" or stable as "latest stable CD released
>> officially by Skolelinux"?
>>
>> I ask because of the "rc" in the name that typically means "release
>> candidate" (that is, final testing, but not yet official).
>

> the di in front of rc is short for debian-installer.
> The image is the same as skolelinux-i386-1.0r1, but with release
> candidate 2 of debian-installer.
>
> I guess someone should have produced a propper image - maybe 1.0r2, but
> that is the latest image that works.

Thank you for the clarification, Finn-Arne. So you are indeed talkong
about an unofficial hack of the latest official 1.0r1 CD. I don't
question the quality of that CD, it just doesn't happen to be the answer
to the question. Ubuntu is not "latest official release of Debian"
either, however great it works...

Oh, whatever - who cares (except for our users  - like Ludger here who
asked an explicit question!).

Ludger: I believe the answer to your question - the newest _official_
release of debian-edu - is
ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/skolelinux-i386-current.iso
(currently pointing to skolelinux-i386-release-1.0r1.iso in same
directory ).

 - Jonas

- --