Re: Skolelinux Sarge-alpha & Some samba questions

RalfGesellensetter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 27. April 2005 15:53 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:

Eventually we realised a message: SID already in database (or
similair), obviously the cloned installations give a problem (because
we succeeded adding the workstation after removing the SID from
LDAP).

I guess you ae talking about sambaSID here ( you know SID has some other meaning in debian ?)

Hi there, this is pre-bug-filing. I hope that Christian K. will give a more detailed report soon. Version concered should be bzzware-something.

Why are you using bzzware-something ? That one is old an outdated. please dont file bugs against that old image.

Machine accounts being in the LDAP-people branch made problems with colliding SIDs if I understood it right.

If you copy the LDAP DB from one installation to another, and dont copy the samba cache files (I think it is), you will end up with a bunch of machines in ldap that is member of a domain samba know nothing about.

The smbadduser-script is called from samba with LDAP-Server-URL and passes this to some wlus script. Wlus, however expects just the hostname of the server and hence fails to add machines (workaround known).

???
smbadduser-script is old, you should now have smbaddclient.pl (and this has been the case since pre-venus)

So far, feel free to ask more or to remind us to file the bug :)

Please dont file bugs against old development versions.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no