proxy.pac -- Proxy Auto-Config File Format

Hi there,

virtually, everything within skolelinux should be preconfigured correctly,
http_proxy = "http://webcache:3128"; works practically everywhere.

However there might be deviations: Our w2k clients have some stubburn IE on it
that wouldn't learn the new proxy for all users at once. Also one might
consider multiple proxies for balanced browsing or intermediate filters like
dansguardian that listen on another port...

This makes me think if we shouldn't use those auto setting pac-file most
(all?) browsers accept nowardays. I found a good explanation at:

http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html

Accordingly, you can even differentiate what / if proxy to use by time of the
day and / or the requested host (local, extern; international, regional).

What do you think? If I get it right, some base configuration just needs a
proxy.pac in /var/www/ like this:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
  {
      if (isPlainHostName(host) ||