Re: Sound on thin clients ?

On 10-09-2004 16:26, Ragnar Wisloff wrote:
| Jonas Smedegaard skrev:
|
| On 10-09-2004 15:13, Ragnar Wisloff wrote:
| | Ralf Gesel|ensetter skrev:
| |

| |> thank you for the hint (-> plone, howto?) - any idea what bandwidth
| |> one must consider? I assume sound is rendered on the ltsp server,
| |> worst case in cd
| |
| |
| | No idea. I assume this will depend on the quality on the sound. My mp3s
| | stream at around 128 kbits/sec.
|
| 128Kbit while streamed through NAS? Sounds very unlikely.
|

|> How informed a comment.

Sorry. Let me rephrase:

Hi Ralf (and others on this list),

You write in an email-thread at debian-edu that you [i think, but maybe
it was another person earlier on in that thread] use NAS to stream audio
to LTSP thin clients, and to a question of bandwidth respond that your
mp3 files are streamed at approximately 128 Kibit per second.

Are you certain that is the case? Personally I find it rather unlikely
to stream music files (as I assume is the case, since you store them as
mpeg2 layer 3 instead of e.g. Speex) at that low bitrate with
satisfactory result.

Better?

If not, could you please explain to me in more detail what in my comment
you find so extraordinary "informed", Ragnar?

~ - Jonas

- --

~ - Enden er nær: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm