The Practice of Programming

Hi
After nearly 3 years after I bought the book
"The Practice of Programming" by Kernighan and
Pike  I finally managed to read it, but I still have a long
way to go before I'm done with the exercises.
Chapter 5 Debugging and chapter 6 Testing
are a required read for every programmer.

To have a clue about how to program  and nodding
along as you read is one thing. To actually learn
how to crank out  reliable  code is hard work and
time consuming.  A book like tPoP can improve your
efficiency and quality of work if you do the  exercises
and apply the knowledge to your own work.

I strongly recommend The Practice of Programming,
but the true value of the book is not revealed before
the exercises  are done. It's easy to skip stuff because
it sound so easy and obvious. Do a reality check with
the exercises.

-vidar