Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.x & Debian 9.x/Stretch compatibility?

at bottom :-

On 14/09/2018, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 at 11:20, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> at bottom :-
>>snip<
>> Also it seems 9.2.x is EOL about a year back according to
>> https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/ - see the Release
>> History & EOL Months bit there.
>
> Yeah but the use case is =
>
> 1st switch to better hardware by installing compatible Debian OS &
> postgresql 9.2.x
> Do the shifting of DB dump from old hardware to new 1.
> Once migration is successful, upgrade to latest version of postgresql
> on new hardware.
>
> Why not upgrade postrges on old hardware = Hardware & OS both are outdated.
>
> Regards,
> Amey.
>>
>> --
>>           Regards,
>>           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>>   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
>> EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A  2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8

Hi Amey,

While I can understand the use-case, have seen it often, it seems for
reasons unknown debian never released a postgresql 9.2 version. Look
at http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/postgresql/

and also look at -

https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-postgresql-public/2013-May/001172.html

I looked at April and May messages but didn't find any info. on 9.2
release unfortunately.

Hope it helps.